Weight Loss Block #2: Elimination Issues
Weight loss is not as simple as 'eat less & move more'.
There are 8 physiological blocks to weight loss that have nothing at all to do with calories or exercise.
Here is how having issues with elimination block weight loss:
1) Constipation causes toxins to be reabsorbed by the liver. Since they can't be eliminated through the colon as nature intended, they get stored in fat cells to protect the rest of the body (your extra fat has a good purpose in this case).
2) Issues with chronic constipation can be indicative of becoming hypothyroid which results in a slow metabolism. You don't need to be verifiably diagnosed with hypothyroid for this to be relevant. There are many symptoms of sluggish thyroid before it becomes a pathological condition that requires medication.
3) Diarrhea is a sign of inflammation. Inflammation stalls weight loss by driving up insulin resistance. Not to mention it causes the body to hold onto water to put out 'the internal fires of inflammation - that extra water will make you feel fat - without even putting on a pound.
4) Hardened feces in the gut doesn't weigh much, but it makes you look and feel fat. If your stomach is hard and sticking out, despite not being able to pinch much of an inch - then some of these issues could be happening in your colon: inflammation, hardened feces in pockets called diverticuli and/or visceral fat marbled through your abdominal cavity (liver, stomach, intestines and often the arteries as well). Visceral fat is the worse kind and is associated with increasing the risk of serious health problems.
5) When one is constipated, estrogen levels in the body rise leading to hormone imbalance. Elevated estrogen in the body raises thyroid-binding globulin levels, while simultaneously decreasing thyroid hormone availability.
6) A toxic colon breads the growth of bad bacteria causing cravings for sugar and starchy carbs - and yet, you probably won't feel 'full'- leading to overeating because of the impact of an excess of those foods on your hormones, namely insulin (stores fat for energy) and leptin (stops overeating through satiation).
'Elimination Issues' - are just one example of the '8 Weight Loss Blocks' we identify in the Delish UN-Diet School to individualize your weight loss journey.
Book a session now to discover your weight loss blocks and how to overcome them.