If you already eat healthy, how can you lose weight without dieting?
Oh do I know how defeating it is to live inside this question.
I used to be clinically obese despite my healthy whole foods plant based diet.
What's worse is that even with decades of experience behind me as a nutritionist and graduating with honours from 2 of Canada's top holistic nutrition schools - I just could not figure out how it was humanly possible to NOT eat processed junk food or be a sugar addict - and still end up obese anyway!
It took me a year to even decide to do anything about it because I was in 'poor me' mode.
I fell into victim consciousness, because it felt like I was already doing everything right.
It felt like no matter what I did, I just couldn't win.
I wasn't willing to beat my body into submission at the gym and nor was I willing to be an obsessive calorie counter.
It all just felt futile.
Here's are the 3 insights that changed everything for me:
- My results are a reflection of my mind.
- My body is a reflection of my emotions.
- Clearly I was missing something and my body was holding onto fat for a specific reason.
This shift of consciousness enabled me to lose 12 dress sizes without 'dieting' or exercise.
Here is what I discovered:
- There were gaps in my knowledge that needed to come to light.
- Those 'pesky' symptoms of PMS & hypoglycaemia were not just "me" or "how I am", they were my body's way of telling me that I had dis-ease brewing beneath the surface that had been trying to get my attention since my early twenties.
- I had emotional issues that I was suppressing and life situations that I was settling for and they were weighing heavily on me.
You see, my ego was in the way.
I had been telling myself that I already knew everything, that I was "fine" (when I wasn't) and I simply did not want to look at what needed to change in my life, because the devil I knew, was less scary than the devil I didn't know.
At that point, I was comfortable using my extra body weight to insulate me from the hard, cold truth that I was nowhere where I thought I could or should be in life.
So here is what I did to overcome this:
1. I studied weight loss physiology like my life depended on it.
2. I pinpointed the underlying health imbalances that were causing me to gain weight despite a healthy diet.
3. I admitted to myself that I was staying in an dysfunctional marriage dynamic that had little chance of ever changing and it was draining my energy.
Awareness isn't enough though.
I had to change everything for my life to be transformed.
I share what changing everything looks like in the 'Lose Weight Without Dieting' webinar series.
I will share with you how you can use your weight loss journey as a catalyst for whole life transformation!
Click here to watch it now!
- Mindset (41)
- Restaurant Reviews (1)
- Skinny Bombs (9)
- Skinny Desserts (6)
- Cleansing for Weight Loss (18)
- Become Certified (10)
- Appetizers (1)
- Weight Loss Blocks (physiological) (10)
- Breakfast (3)
- Case Studies (1)
- Eliminate Excuses (1)
- Testimonials (5)
- Weight Loss Physiology (1)
- Weight Wisdom (7)
- Videos (1)
- Recipes (18)
- Group Coaching (1)