The downside of quick weight loss.
Everyone wants to lose weight fast because quick results gives us the motivation to keep going, right?!! That's all well and good and everything, but there are at least 4 downsides to fast weight loss.
Here's why fast weight loss is not a great idea:
- Most people's experience with fast weight loss, is ONLY based on excessive exercise and being in a calorie deficit - just eating 'whatever'. These 'whatever' foods can wreak havoc on hormones.
- The approach is not based in nutrient dense WHOLE foods, so unfortunately, this puts the body in famine mode and depletes nutrient stores - thus causing plateaus and resulting in a damaged and slow metabolism. Even if 'eating less and moving more' worked before - it just doesn't anymore. Can you relate?
- And for those people who do manage to be able to 'push, shove and force'' their body to keep going - despite worse health and a slowing metabolism - have no idea how to maintain their weight once they get to the goal. That's why they end up gaining most, if not all the weight back - or worse, they gain more weight than they started with (think of all the contestants on The Biggest Loser).
- Not to mention when you lose weight fast, while in a nutrient deficient state, you end up creating another problem - loose skin. You might be smaller, but chances are, you'll still feel uncomfortable with the way your body looks and feels.
Sustainable weight loss on the other hand is WAY better because.....
- The calories you eat are more nutrient dense (calorie quality is everything when it comes to nourishing a fast metabolism and preventing loose skin).
- It has sticking power because it is based not on a 'diet', but on a permanent diet and lifestyle transformation.
- While your fat melts, your skin has time to firm up and has the proper skin nutrients to do so effectively.
All of that is logical and makes sense right? Yet the majority of people stay on the diet roller coaster and on a cycle of regaining the weight - because they keep going for quick fix fad diets - ones that at best give them temporary results - and at worst, damage their health and metabolism...... leaving them heavier than ever.
Why do people do this?
I believe it's because we are asking the wrong questions.
Everyone is asking "how can I lose weight quickly" (there are many solutions for that), but no one is asking "how do I lose weight permanently and maintain it for life, in a way that doesn't feel like an endless "sacrifice" of pleasure?
The good news is that it is not only possible to attain permanent weight loss, but it is possible to also lose weight quickly, so that you can get the momentum you need to keep going - without compromising your health (and the entire process can be nourishing and pleasurable).
The way to do that is through a cleanse. Cleanses help you unblock weight loss resistance - and they are the key to unlocking the door to a fast metabolism.
When you do a cleanse, you:
- Eliminate water weight from inflammation and acidity (your body is currently holding onto water to put out the fire and dilute the acids).
- You eliminate even more water weight by correcting electrolyte imbalance (caused by stress and a deficiency of minerals).
- You give your liver the nourishment it needs to be able to deal with the toxins that are released from your fat cells - if your liver is weak, it won't break down fat cells, because it knows it doesn't have the nutritional reserves to be able to break them down safely. Did you know that your fat cells are a storage tank for toxins to keep them tucked safely away from your vital organs?
So you see, cleansing results in quick weight loss, by eliminating the physiological blocks that are in the way of your body normalizing your weight - without you having to "try" - while also increasing your health at the same time.
The typical amount of weight loss that people see with the Delish Diet Deep Cleanse is 15 lbs in 3 weeks for women (and 20 lbs for men). After that you can safely and healthily lose 4 lbs per month (sometimes even more if you have a lot to lose).
When you choose to lose weight this way, you create the foundation for optimal health and permanent results - no downside to that!
If you would like to start your journey to permanent weight loss correctly from the start, I invite you to check out the Delish Diet Deep Cleanse program, where you will learn how to lose weight quickly while getting healthier at the same time!
p.s. Want to test drive a FREE cleansing e-course? Click here to get started: https://www.delishdiet.ca/cleanse-e-course
- Mindset (41)
- Restaurant Reviews (1)
- Skinny Bombs (9)
- Skinny Desserts (6)
- Cleansing for Weight Loss (18)
- Become Certified (10)
- Appetizers (1)
- Weight Loss Blocks (physiological) (10)
- Breakfast (3)
- Case Studies (1)
- Eliminate Excuses (1)
- Testimonials (5)
- Weight Loss Physiology (1)
- Weight Wisdom (7)
- Videos (1)
- Recipes (18)
- Group Coaching (1)